Create a species identifiable model
of an insect or spider. The subject should be a pest species
causing damage to human health, environment, food supply,
etc. No two members of the class may choose the same species.
Scenography and presentation
Use the pest in a scenario, which
consciously incorporates character, setting and narrative.
Present as a professional printed portfolio.
Opt for one of the two assignments
a. Create a mechanical, i.e., robotic, version of the
b. Create a cartoonie version of your pest, give it personality.
Create a scene with both of your scientific and robotic/cartoonie
pests, tell a story.
You will need to submit a portfolio including:
1. Your pest's brief information and reference pictures;
2. Your sketches of the pest including orthographic views
and 3 different scene design;
3. Print(s) of your 3D scene (your pest in a scenario);
4. Print(s) of your robotic version of the pest or a cartoonie
version of your pest;
5. A cd/dvd include your ppt presentation, all the necessary
work files and printing quality image files (prefer png